1. Who owns the homes? We own each house, townhouse, and condo ourselves, and we do all the management ourselves. You do not have to deal with a company, property manager, or out-of-state Landlord! We continually strive to maintain every home with excellence! These homes are not for sale and are not in danger of being foreclosed - you will not be forced to move before you are ready because of a short sale or foreclosure!
2. What is the application process? First, you need to call 702-319-1401 to ensure the property you are interested in is available. We will fill out a short Questionnaire via telephone to discuss any requirements or restrictions. We will then send you a quote explaining all fees and deposits. We will also send an Application to be filled out at this time.
We will run your credit and require a $50 Application Fee payment for all properties. We will collect a Security Deposit for the home in advance of your Move-In day. On the day you move in, you will be required to pay the First Months Rent and other applicable fees.
If you are in Las Vegas, we can make an appointment to show you the house or condo if it is vacant (we do not inconvenience our current tenants by showing properties which are occupied). If the property is not vacant, feel free to drive by the property and check out the neighborhood. We can also meet you there and show you around the community, and we could visit the community pool, gym, clubhouse, etc. (if they have one).
3. Is there a cleaning fee? No, however, you are expected to leave the home in the same condition you found the home at the time of Move-In, otherwise excessive cleaning fees may be deducted from your Security Deposit.
4. What is the Security Deposit? We charge a refundable security deposit for the homes that is equivalent to one months rent. We also charge a pet deposit fee of $125 per pet, Provided that no damage is present, the house is in the same condition as it was when you rented it (except for normal wear and tear), and you have paid your rent up to date, the security deposit will be refunded to you within 15 days after you move out. Nevada law requires that Landlords return security deposits within 30 days, but we are usually able to do so within 15 days.
5. Are utilities included? No, Utilities are placed in your own name so you only pay for what you need. You save money because you do not have to pay the higher fees charged when all utilities are included.
6. What if I won't be moving to Las Vegas right away? In order to reserve a home, we will need to collect a non-refundable Security Deposit. This is because once you have made your reservation, we will no longer market the property for rent at that time, we hold the property exclusively for you for the dates you have requested, and turn away any other potential tenants.
7. How do we get the keys to the property? We like to meet all of our tenants personally at the property when they Move-In. Unless you have paid in full, in advance, that is when we will collect the Balance Due at Move-In as indicated on your Lease. We will show you around the home and explain any special features or instructions. We will give you the keys and remotes for the home. If the home is located in a community, we will show you where the mailboxes, pool and amenities are.
8. Do you allow pets? YES! We will allow pets, but some of the condo homeowners associations have breed and weight limit restrictions (20-40 pounds). One community requires proof of rabies vaccination with a certificate number. Our single family houses and townhouses have no weight restrictions. Our homeowners insurance policy does not allow certain vicious dogs such as pit bulls. Also, we would require that you do not get a new puppy or kitten while staying in our homes, and that your current pet is fully trained (no teething on the woodwork, or accidents on the rugs or furniture). Pets are not allowed on the furniture, so if your pet has a habit of jumping on or sleeping on furniture, we ask you to cover the furniture and beds with your own blankets. You will need to pick up your pet's waste on a regular basis, including washing away urine from the grass. Depending on how much your pet sheds and how long you rent with us, you may need to pay to have the carpets cleaned following your move out. We do charge an extra pet deposit of $125 per pet.
*Please do not bring pets that will be left alone for extended periods of time. No dog can be expected to "hold it" for that long and accidents are bound to happen. Dogs can become frightened when left alone in an unfamiliar home and do damage to property, or bark excessively, thus disturbing your neighbors.
9. Do you allow smoking? NO! All of our homes are non-smoking. If you do smoke, you will need to step outside to smoke. Please close all adjoining doors and windows while you smoke. If we find evidence of smoking inside the home, you will be assessed a $250 - $1,000 cleaning and deodorizing fee. Additional fees may be charged if smoke odor is difficult to remove and requires additional costs to do so.
10. Can I pay by credit card? YES! You may pay using our merchant account by calling us and providing us with your credit card information. You will need to add a service fee for all credit card transactions (3% Visa & MC, 3.5% Amex, 4% if international).
You may also be able to use PayPal, but PayPal has restrictions on the amount you can pay, depending on whether or not you have a PayPal account, how long you have had the PayPal account, and what type of bank account or credit card you have. Because PayPal considers us a business, we are not eligible for the free personal service, so a 3.25% service fee will be added.
11. Do you provide landscaping service? YES! If the yard has grass, we will provide weekly yard maintenance. If the property has desert landscaping, we will provide monthly service. There is no extra charge for these services. Pools in HOA communities are closed October - April. Some condo complexes keep the pools and/or spas open all year, but the pools are not heated and the air temperature in the winter drops down to the 30's at night, so the water will be cold. Some condo complexes do keep the spas heated all year, but not all of them do, so if that is important to you, check with us to be sure.
12. If the home has a garage, can we use the garage for storage? NO, You cannot store your own furniture and/or appliances in the garage. Our insurance does not provide coverage for your own items. Home lots in Las Vegas are very small, and there is not much street parking available, all of our single family houses have a garage space for at least one vehicle. Garages are to be used for vehicle parking ONLY. Recreational vehicles or trailers are not allowed at any of our rental properties, even just for one night.
Also, the City and County require that garbage cans be stored inside the garage at all times
13. Do you accommodate Disabled or Handicapped Tenants? No. Unfortunately, none of our homes are ADA Certified. We cannot provide lodgings to Handicapped or Disabled people due to Health and Safety risks and liabilities.
Any More Questions?
Feel free to call or email us if you need
additional information or have any special requests.